- This event has passed.
Advanced Team Dynamics
October 29, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
In this 4-hour interactive training experience, MDT Facilitators will have the opportunity to explore common challenges and opportunities that are common on MDTs and will walk away with strategies and at least 1-2 action steps for improving team dynamics in their community.
Part 1: Strong Team Foundations – Fostering Psychological Safety & Trust
The first half of this training will provide participants with a deeper understanding of psychological safety and the building blocks and practical skills to foster a renewed sense of trust on the MDT. We will explore the 5 Characteristics that contribute to strong and healthy teams, identify the signs and symptoms when these characteristics are lacking and strategies for overcoming challenges. You’ll walk away from this session with a clear sense of how your team is operating and a toolbox of actions to experiment with after this training.
Part 2: Effective Communication + Conflict Fluency
The second half of this training will provide an overview of effective non-violent communication techniques for facilitation, giving and receiving feedback and navigating conflict. We will apply the Crucial Conversations model for addressing conflict that has high stakes, opposing opinions and strong emotions. You’ll walk away from this session with a clear plan for addressing a current conflict that is brewing on your team.
- Participants will explore and apply the 5 Characteristics of strong teams from the Google Team Model.
- Participants will identify strategies for overcoming challenges and opportunities on the team to build an effective team culture.
- Participants will practice giving and receiving both appreciative and constructive feedback for fostering trust and safety on the team.
- Participants will understand the Crucial Conversations framework for intervening and navigating conflict on the team.
- Participants will develop at least 1-2 action steps for implementing with their MDT.