The great people at NCMEC (National Center for Missing and Exploited Children) have created a way for minors to remove compromising photos of themselves from the internet.
That’s right, people who are aware of Child Sexual Abuse Material (formerly known as Child Pornography) can take steps to have those images removed from Facebook, Instagram, OnlyFans and Yubo.
Here’s the site:
This resource for minors to remove CSAM from online sources is being funded by Meta. Some additional details you might find helpful:
- The site includes a robust FAQ page so please make sure you check that out for additional details
- As you browse the site, do not submit “test” images as it will be submitted to the hash list and platforms will be scanning for your image.
- Users can remain anonymous while using the service and as the site uses hash values, users won’t have to send images or videos to anyone.
- Take It Down will work on public or unencrypted online platforms that have agreed to participate – at launch the participating platforms are Facebook, Instagram, OnlyFans and Yubo.
- This tool is intended for global use and while the launch will only include English and Spanish, other languages will be added in the future.
Please share this information with all of your teams, especially detectives, counsellors and advocates, and anyone who works with kids who might have these images out there, either by others, or by their own regrettable actions.