December 13, 2023
11:00 am – 6:00 pm Eastern
Learn about the roles of law enforcement, first responders, investigators, and child protective services when investigating the death of a child. Receive an overview of the important investigative tips and information related to the causes of death, and the duties and investigative needs of the medical examiner/coroner.
- This one-day training is an overview course to help you gain understanding of how to respond to an unexplained child death, whether of natural causes, accidental, or from intentional harm.
What’s In It For You:
- Upon completion of this training you will be able to:
• Define various causes of deaths
• Describe pediatric development as it relates to identification of possible cause of death
• Describe medical examiner expectations of investigators in the child death cases
• Define the roles of law enforcement and CPS in child death investigations
• Describe legal requirements for investigators of child death investigations
Is This Training For You?
- Law Enforcement
- Social Workers
- Victim Service Providers
Info and registration here: Responding to an Unexplained Child Death | Virtual | Dec 13, 2023 (fvtc.edu)