NJCA Announces Youth Art Contest!
APRIL is CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION MONTH
Enter The New Jersey Children’s Alliance
“Heroes for Children: Shine Bright”
2019 Youth Art Contest
The New Jersey Children’s Alliance is excited to announce a youth art contest, featuring the subject “Heroes for Children: Shine Bright.” The subject incorporates the theme of our annual statewide charity run/walk, “Heroes for Children”, along with the SHINE campaign led by the National Children’s Alliance to improve support for survivors of child abuse. We are looking for artwork that shows how children can be heroes to one another, and how each individual can shine their own special light to create a brighter world for all children.
Youth are invited to submit artwork for our “Heroes for Children: Shine Bright” Youth Art Contest between February 1st and March 14th. Winners will be announced and notified on or about March 25th.
All artwork should express the following themes:
Grades K-3: Being a hero to other children
Grades 4-6: Being a shining light to create a brighter world for all children
All artwork must be on 8 ½ x 11 paper, and can use any paint, markers, pencils, crayons, or flat collage.
In order to participate in the New Jersey Children’s Alliance (NJCA) Heroes for Children: Shine Bright Youth Art Contest, each entrant (and a parent/legal guardian if the entrant is a minor) must complete and email a scanned or photographed Entry Form and fully executed Certificate of Originality and Artwork Release with the artwork.
Please email a scan or photograph of the artwork, along with a completed Entry Form, and Certificate of Originality and Artwork Release to:
With the subject line “Youth Art Contest Submission”
- Submissions will be judged on the basis of creativity, expression of the theme, and art design.
- All winners will be asked to submit their original artwork to be featured in a traveling exhibit which will be displayed throughout the year at various community events, child welfare trainings and conferences. Winning artwork will also be featured in a special online gallery.
- All entrants will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- The First Place winners in each grade will have their artwork featured in Public Service Announcements and other informational material and resources during Child Abuse Prevention Month in April.
- Medals will be given to 3 winners in each grade (K-6).
- All winning artwork will be featured on NJCA’s web site, in our April newsletter, and on our social media.
- Each winner will receive 3 free registrations and 10 Tricky Tray tickets for the 6th Annual Heroes for Children 5K Run and Family Fun Run/Walk, to be held at the South Mountain Recreation Complex in West Orange on September 21st, 2019. The race site will also feature a display of the winning artwork.
- One grand prize winner will have their art featured on the official t-shirt of the Heroes for Children 5K and Family Fun Run/Walk.