- This event has passed.
Compassionate Communication Training
March 18 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This interactive training will teach participants effective communication skills and provides a framework to conduct the difficult conversations that often occur when working as part of a Child Advocacy Center and Multidisciplinary Team. By exploring compassionate communication, participants will leave the training with practical skills to communicate and form trusting relationships with children and families.
Dr. Orsini has spent the last 25 years developing proven communication techniques that help doctors build rapport and quickly form trusting relationships with their patients. These skills translate to members of the MDIT. Drawing on his own experiences as a child with a chronic illness, combined with decades of research including interviews with patients and families, Dr. Orsini has developed communication training programs used by medical schools and residency programs around the country. Through his interactive workshops and unique coaching, he has trained thousands of senior physicians nurses and practitioners how to enhance their patient’s overall experience and become more fulfilled with their own lives.
*Registration Deadline: March 11, 2022
- March 18, 2022 from 1:00pm-3:00pm Eastern
- Presented via Zoom video conference. Please note: this training will NOT be recorded.
- Appropriate for all MDT members
- We will be using this platform, Umu, during the training. *Please make sure to keep a record of the Umu account credentials you created or logged in with to fill out this form.
- In the morning prior to the main session, Dr. Orsini will be doing live role play and one on one coaching sessions on conducting difficult conversations with 3 of our participants for one hour per volunteer. These sessions will be recorded and portions will be shown during the afternoon’s full group training. If you are interested in volunteering for one of these coaching slots, please indicate your interest when prompted and we will select volunteers from that pool.
If you have any questions, please contact Katelyn Waltimyer at email@example.com