PUT US ALL OUT OF A JOB!
Wouldn’t it be great if we were able to figure out how to prevent child abuse? If we were able to be completely successful, I would probably open a store for collectors of antique letter openers, or work on inventing a use for discarded dryer lint.
But SERIOUSLY, we all have a part to play in working to prevent child abuse. On September 20 and 21, the National Criminal Justice Training Center is conducting a FREE, VIRTUAL training entitled “Creating a Community Action Plan for the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse“.
Here’s the info:
Live Online Instructor Led
Creating a Community Action Plan for the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
September 20-21, 2023 | Virtual
Join other child-serving professionals to create a plan of action for preventing child sexual abuse of youth in your care. Learn the signs and symptoms of child sexual abuse, mandated reporter and stakeholder responsibilities. Identify strengths and weaknesses of current prevention practices, and develop an action plan, using the Strategic Prevention Dashboard, for your organization. This course is open to all members of child serving organizations such as preschool, after-school care, summer camps, church groups, athletic associations or others responsible for the care of minors.
- Registration deadline is August 18, 2023.
September 20 | 11:00 am – 7:00 pm Eastern (One hour for lunch at 2:30 pm)
September 21 | 11:00 am – 7:00 pm Eastern (One hour for lunch at 2:30 pm)
To earn a certificate, you must actively participate and attend the entire training.
For information concerning continuing education units, please view our policies page.
- What’s In It For You
- Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Identify signs and symptoms of child sexual abuse
- Identify community stakeholders and define their roles in preventing child sexual abuse
- Define Mandated Reporter and their legal and ethical responsibilities
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of stakeholder current prevention practices
- Create an action plan to improve the prevention of child sexual abuse within your organization/agency (internally) and throughout your community (externally)
- Community Corrections Officer
- Court System Personnel
- Emergency Management
- Law Enforcement
- Law Enforcement Support
- Social Workers
- Tribes/Tribal Partners
- Victim Service Providers
- Is This Training For You?
Please consider putting together a team to attend this training as a group!